Making an important purchase requires planning and forethought. Signing up with an air conditioning contractor isn’t like signing your soul away, but it still deserves some consideration all the same. Researching the products and services available to you is all part of the decision making process, and you should get insight from experts you can trust.
Here are some questions you should ask:
Is My System the Right Size?
Getting a new air conditioning unit is an investment that your home will benefit from for a long time. So it’s important to get the details right before you take the plunge. Getting the energy and space specs right will save money and keep your home optimally comfortable even on the hottest of summer days. A professional technician can help you get a comprehensive picture of how big your air conditioning unit should be.
What is My Maintenance Plan?
Having a maintenance strategy right out of the starting gate is important. Your air conditioning contractor should help you plan for the regular upkeep of whatever unit you decide to go with. Taking all the factors of your household into consideration, you should be looking at maintenance plans crafted for your system, schedule, and budget.
What are My Financing Options?
Getting a unit in your price range is essential. It’s also important to be thinking of the impending utility costs and the energy consumption of the system you are planning to buy. Knowing these factors in advance will help you make an informed decision and keep your financial constraints in focus. Many air conditioning companies now offer financing options to help you spread out your payments over time, so you can get the unit you need without breaking the bank. Cooper Mechanical is happy to offer financing options to our customers, with approved credit.
If you’re looking for an air conditioning contractor you can trust, schedule your first appointment with the pros at Cooper Mechanical Services.
Old air conditioners can be a burden. As they accrue damage from long-term use and general wear and tear, they can become inefficient and more costly to run and repair. But investing in a new cooling unit is also daunting and expensive, so if you can extend the life of your system, that’s the way to go.
If your air conditioner is on its last legs, here are some general tips for getting more mileage out of those final months. Likewise, if you are just purchasing a new unit, take some of this advice early on and keep your unit running smoothly for years.
• Keep your unit cool by planting shrubs or other coverage nearby. Your unit keeps you cool, so return the favor! It will use spend less energy on cooling and save you money. Just be sure not to plant so close to the unit that your service tech can’t access it easily.
• Take time to perform regular maintenance. Keeping your unit clean will make a huge difference when it comes to preventing emergency repair situations. Changing the filters and doing a simple check-up make for a good investment in the long-term life of your unit.
• Take back-up precautions. You don’t generally need to run your cooling unit 100% of the time, and having a ceiling fan or a floor fan can be inexpensive alternatives on days when the heat isn’t so bad. Investing in some cheaper cooling alternatives also means your unit gets a break every now and then from managing an entire house.
• Think about circulation – don’t put furniture or other obstacles on top of vents. The harder it is for cool air to circulate, the harder your system has to work.
For more information about prolonging the service life of your old air conditioner, or if you’re starting to think about a new system, call the pros at Cooper Mechanical Services at 843-626-3689.
The inner workings of your air conditioner unit might be mysterious, but here are a few obvious signs that something isn’t right.
Here is some Air Conditioner Unit 101. If your thermostat is set to a temperature that your cooling unit isn’t quite hitting, you can bet there is something amiss. It could be a simple fix, but it definitely needs to get looked at before it escalates into a full-blown problem.
Has your air conditioning unit suddenly become very vocal? Does it complain loudly while carrying out tasks that it used to perform in total, blissful silence? Making excessive noise is one of the most obvious telltale signs that something isn’t quite right with your cooling unit, and depending on the frequency and volume of these sounds, it could spell trouble for your household if you don’t get it taken care of quickly.
Moisture and Odors
If you notice a leak around your cooling unit, this could be an indication of drainage or refrigerant issues. Either way, it deserves some attention from a pro. It’s also a sure bet that if you smell something funky emanating from your cooling unit, you should schedule a service appointment right away. There are a number of chemicals pumping through a cooling system, and any of them can be potentially dangerous if they aren’t being properly contained.
Contact us for more information about air conditioner units and understanding what they’re really trying to tell you.
If your family is like most, you feel like there are never enough hours in the day to do all you’ve got to do. Working an appointment for air conditioner service into your already crowded schedule might seem nearly impossible. However, if you let it go too long, you might experience worse problems with your system. Here’s a quick guide to help you know whether it’s time to stop the clock and call for repairs.
1. When It’s an HVAC Emergency
If you have a medical emergency, you call 9-1-1. If you have an HVAC emergency, you call the quickest responders to take care of the problem. Taking advantage of professional service when the chips are down isn’t a luxury – it’s a necessity. Trying to ignore an HVAC problem of this caliber can only make things worse. Trying to fix it on your own is a surefire way to cause bigger problems.
2. When You’re Facing Extreme Weather
Intense heat and cold are no laughing matter. Keeping your home at a safe and consistent temperature in seasonal extremes isn’t just an issue of comfort; it’s about heath and wellness. Getting rest in a house that’s too hot or too cold is impossible. Your family deserves a stable indoor environment to be at their best, so calling the experts when an emergency repair comes up is the smartest solution.
3. When You’ve Got a Time Crunch
It’s one of the universal laws – whenever it’s the most inconvenient for something to go wrong, that’s when disaster strikes. If you have an emergency repair that needs quick attention, maybe right before a big event or party, you need to have experts you can trust to be professional and courteous. Fast response can take the stress of your HVAC emergency back down to manageable levels. When comfort, safety, and convenience are all on the line you can’t afford to waste time on amateur hour.
Contact us today for more information about air conditioning services or to schedule an emergency repair.
Are you suffering from a cooling unit that’s on its last legs? The decision to chuck your current AC might seem tough at first, but could be your best bet in the long run. Many people make the mistake of prolonging the inevitable when it comes to air conditioner replacement.
Of course the prospect of investing in a new unit might be daunting, and every homeowner wants to get their full money’s worth out of a system. That’s why it can be tempting to continue on with a unit that delivers increasingly poor performance or experiences technical problems as time goes on.
On the other hand, you don’t want to prematurely nix a perfectly good unit if all it needs is a relatively inexpensive and simple fix.
It’s enough to make anyone’s head spin. How do you decide what to do? Consider the following factors and see if you lean toward air conditioning repair or replacement:
One of the most important tests in this situation is comfort. Do you feel like your quality of life is consistent, or is your HVAC system leaving you or your family sweating? If you can still get a satisfying cooling experience, it’s easier to put up with other things like noise or inefficiency. But that can’t go on forever.
Even if your cooling unit still technically works, it might be time to invest in a new installation in the near future. The reality is, you could be losing money to higher utility bills and more repairs on an inefficient or outdated system. So take a look at the numbers and see if an increase in your HVAC costs is enough to tip the scales.
For more information about air conditioner repair and installation, call Cooper Mechanical Service’s technical experts at 843-626-3689.
When you need emergency air conditioning repair, your budget is probably the first concern. Getting your comfortable home environment back in working order can get a little pricey, especially if it’s an unexpected problem that you have to scrape some money together for at the last minute. You might feel anxious when your cooling unit starts experiencing problems, but making an informed decision, rather than taking action in panic mode, will pay off in the long run. Here’s what to do:
1. Consult the Experts. Not all repair services are created equal. Getting some recommendations before you invest in professional services is the best way to guarantee your long-term satisfaction. You can’t overvalue reliability and professionalism when it comes to the comfort and safety of your family and your home.
2. Preventative Action. Another tactic for minimizing the inconvenience of repairs is to catch them before they’re needed. Preventative maintenance work from professionals on a regular basis is the best way to assess the wear and tear on your cooling unit, and spot potential problems before they escalate into full-blown emergency repair situations. This includes basic preventative maintenance, such as installing new filters on a regular basis.
3. Energy Smart. Running your cooling unit efficiently is a great way to save money and also reduce the stress placed on your unit. The kinder you are to your air conditioning system, the kinder it will be to you. Reducing your utility bills and extending the life of your cooling unit in one fell swoop? Who wouldn’t want to talk to the professionals about making that a reality?
For more information about how to get the best deals on air conditioning repair, contact Cooper Mechanical today.
We are excited to introduce the launch of Cooper Mechanical Service’s website! It is our hope to bring you a new, easy, and comfortable experience online to match the quality of service you expect from us in person. It was important to us that our customers be able to use a site that is easy to navigate and offers the most information possible. On our new site you will be able to find information about our services, connect with social media, and even schedule service all in one place.
Explore and let us know what you think; we would love to hear your feedback!